BioSafe is a powerful, biologically degradable industrial cleaner and degreaser.
BioSafe is a concentrated, water-dilutable cleaner and degreaser based on fully biodegradable and natural surfactants and detergents. The addition of bio-based complexing agents also makes the product revolutionary and a replacement for many traditional environmentally hazardous cleaners and degreasers. With this product, Eco-Point has heralded a new era in which health and environment are the main focus. By using specially selected ingredients there is no compromise cleaning and degreasing performance.
BioSafe is used to clean and degrease:
- Severe industrial contamination including nicotine, ash and soot
- Mineral, vegetable and animal oil and fat residues
- Ink residues
- Greasy surfaces prior to coating and painting
- Machines and floors that are contaminated with oil and grease
- Truck tarpaulins
- Tools, chains and bearings
- Cooling systems, milling machines and lathes
- Removing stains in canteens, cars, buses, trams and trains
- Removing oil and grease from wood
- Cleaning synthetic materials (e.g. furniture)
- Degreasing paintwork
BioSafe is a very powerful, concentrated degreaser that can be used at locations where water is allowed and can be used to solve the problems described above, which results in a clean, safe and pleasant working environment. BioSafe is the revolutionary, completely biodegradable, multifunctional solution, with the addition of natural soda and solvent enhancer for daily heavy-duty cleaning activities. Without the need for corrosive labelling, which is what the ‘Safe’ in BioSafe also stands for.
- BioSafe is completely biodegradable
- BioSafe is water-dilutable.
- BioSafe contains natural soda and a solvent enhancer, for additional cleaning power.
- BioSafe is a super-concentrate and therefore economical to use.
- BioSafe is non-corrosive and therefore safe to use.
- BioSafe is no flammable.
- BioSafe is a multi-functional product and can therefore replace various traditional products.
After use, preferably rinse with water. Test first before using on aluminium. At high concentrations, the product can make paintwork matt. Rinse with water or clean with a wet sponge.
BioSafe contains natural surfactant constituents that lower the surface tension of the cleaning solution to such a degree that the product even penetrates deeply into hair cracks, allowing them to be cleaned too.
BioSafe emulsifies this contamination. However, this emulsification is temporary. Therefore, if an oil separator is used, the oil and the contamination will separate from the cleaning solution.
- BioSafe can be diluted with water, from 1:1 to 1:50, depending on the degree and type of contamination. Consult your product consultant for the level of dilution.
- Use BioSafe in a spray, with a brush or in an immersion bath.
- Immersion method: immerse the object to be cleaned in the BioSafe. Allow the product to work on the contamination. Remove the object from the bath and thoroughly rinse it with water.
- Spray: spray the object using the correct level of dilution, allow to soak, then rinse with water.
- Brushing method: apply BioSafe using a brush, allow the product to work, brush off the contamination and then rinse with water.
Product sector overview
Based on naturally occurring raw materials Eco-Point’s range of high performance, environmental and sustainable industrial cleaning and grease removers are effective, economical, and safe to use. These products are for the cleaning and degreasing of contaminated equipment and environments. Ideal as an engine degreaser, chain degreaser, metal degreaser, parts washers.
Because of their aromatic free formulations, these products are safe to use and odourless and therefore lack the unpleasant smell of traditional products.
Why Choose Eco-Point Grease Removers
Danger to Health & Environment
There are many problems associated with the removal of Grease. These problems occur in many industries e.g. Paint, Construction, Chemical, Woodworking, Furniture manufacture, Ship and Yacht Construction, Interior Construction etc.
The solvents in traditional grease removers contain white spirit and due to the rapid evaporation of solvents, especially in case of insufficient ventilation, create a harmful working environment which is damaging to health.
Eco-Point's solutions you can safely remove all types of grease
- Removal of grease from engines and chains
- Removal of grease from tools and bearings
- Removal of grease from Filters
- Removal of grease from Electrical equipment
Degreasing can be done manually or in a degreasing tray. There are even fully automatic systems available that run a washing program via a pre-set temperature and timer to break down the oils and fats.
Degreasing with benzene and volatile solvents such as thinners
The name 'white spirit' indicates that it can also be used for washing. It is a solvent with substances that are very harmful to the environment. It is flammable and working with benzene can cause health problems. The product is harmful by prolonged contact and by inhalation. During and after use it is therefore recommended to ventilate well, to watch out for fire and to ensure that there are no sparks in the area. This also applies to other volatile solvents such as thinners.
Remove oil and grease
In the automotive and metal industry, heavier contaminants, such as oil and grease, regularly occur. A cleaning method that can be used is ultrasonic cleaning. Ultrasonic sound waves in combination with a cleaning product create small vacuum bubbles (cavitation) in a liquid. When they implode, energy is released that removes the dirt from submerged pieces. This cleans even the smallest spots. Ultrasonic cleaning is a form of automatic cleaning and therefore an attractive cleaning method.
Degrease stainless steel
Stainless steel is a durable material and is used in a wide variety of household and industrial applications. The chrome layer on the material ensures that it is resistant to rust and scale. The amount of chromium also determines how strong the stainless steel is resistant to this. Stainless steel 304 contains less chromium than stainless steel 316. Stainless steel 304 is the most common and with proper maintenance this layer can offer many years of protection. The protective layer can be weakened and damaged by dirt and other pollutants. It is therefore important to regularly clean stainless steel - especially 304 stainless steel - with safe cleaning agents. Be careful with acidic cleaners; these can attack stainless steel material.
Oils, fats and loose dirt give the workplace and the machines an unkempt appearance. Research shows that employees are more productive when they can work in a clean and safe environment.
It is not only unpleasant to have to tinker with dirty parts, but it is also not convenient. Inspecting clean parts yields better results: all defects and problems are visible on a clean product. Good lubrication means less wear and tear, work interruptions, tool retention and less maintenance. Preventing oil and grease pollution is cost effective and preserves materials.