Vegetable cooling lubricant; safe for humans, the environment and machinery. Boron and formaldehyde-free formulation with very low foam formation and an excellent view of the workpiece due to the crystal clear cooling emulsion!
Ecoolant Clear BFF is a unique cooling lubricant due to its very high-quality vegetable constituents, emulsifiers, corrosion resistance and bio-stability that together form a lubricant suitable for machining operations, such as grinding, turning, drilling, milling, sawing, etc. of various types of metal, stainless steel, cast iron, yellow metal (alloy consisting of 60% copper and 40% zinc also known as Muntz metal). When mixed with water, Ecoolant Clear BFF produces a clear micro-emulsion.
- Bad lubrication during various metal cutting techniques cause friction and therefore loss of tool life and increased wear of machines and equipment;
- Wear of machines and equipment also decreases precision and increases production losses.
- Low quality cutting fluids increase bacteria counts, cause an unpleasant smell, build-ups in drains, pipes and filters, increases the chances of skin disease and corrosion on work pieces and machines.
- Many cutting fluids contain dangerous components such as phenol, nitrite and other environmentally unfriendly components such as heavy metals, PCBs, dioxins etc.
- Slechte begeleiding van leveranciers van koelsmeerolie.
Ecoolant Clear BFF is very human, environment and machine friendly. Ecoolant Clear BFF provides a perfect and long-term lubricant and therefore guarantees the production of a high-quality workpiece where the clear solution makes it possible to better view the operation. Eco-Point supports you in maintaining a high-quality cooling emulsion.
- Ecoolant Clear BFF is based on natural rapeseed oil and emulsifies into a transparent micro-emulsion. Readily dissolves in water. Improved emulsion stability.
- Ecoolant Clear BFF is highly economical in its use due to the low dosing: 3-6%
- Ecoolant NF prevents the occurrence of moulds and yeasts; prevents bacterial growth and does not give off any odours during standstills
- Ecoolant NF is human, environment and machine friendly
- Ecoolant Clear BFF does not contain any phenols, nitrites, nitrite-releasing substances, chlorine, zinc or other heavy metals, PCBs, PCTs, TCCD, dioxin-containing substances or mineral oil. The product does not contain any boron, formaldehyde or secondary amines.
- Ecoolant Clear BFF has been developed for water hardness ranging from 5-20°dH
- Ecoolant Clear BFF has a corrosion threshold of 3 in accordance with DIN 51360 T2
- Ecoolant NF can be subjected to bacteriological analysis
For medium-heavy to heavy machining of:
• (very) hard metal types, such as stainless steel and cast iron
Can also be used for:
• grinding of various metals, such as cast iron, yellow metal and stainless steel (Inox)
• metals with high requirements regarding surface quality and service life of the tools
During milling, the 'advance' and the 'cutting depth' of a component determine its treatment time. The advance and the cutting depth are dependent on many factors, including the clamping's stability, the material's hardness, the milling type, the tools' service life, the machine's stability and the cooling lubricant!
Note: For thread cutting and tapping, preferably test first; not well-suited for soft metal types, such as (cast) aluminium. Ecoolant NF is better suited for this purpose.
- To properly mix Ecoolant NF with water, we recommend that you mix the concentrate into the water while stirring, for example in a bucket. The use of warm water reduces the viscosity of Ecoolant NF and speeds up the mixing process. This pre-mix should then be added to the water in the system.
- Additional aeration is recommended for machines that are often at a standstill (a simple pond pump may be enough to produce the desired results).Any oil floating on top must be skimmed off.
Tip: appoint one or two persons to be responsible for the quality of the cooling emulsion. Use a log/sign-off register in which to record all measurements and comments.
To facilitate maintenance and perform it professionally and thoroughly, Eco-Point has entered into a partnership with PH Plus Services. Ask your product consultant about the possibilities. PH Plus Services specialises in cleaning, disinfecting and producing cooling lubrication systems.
When you do not make use of the services of PH Plus Services you must look after your own cleaning and disinfecting. The following working method can be used:
Add 0.1 to 0.2% CleanCoolant NF to the cooling emulsion. Allow this to circulate in the system for 1-2 days. Drain the liquid (and dregs) from the system and rinse the system with an Ecoolant NF thinner (3%) to remove the old emulsion. After this, bring the system up to the desired percentage by mixing Ecoolant NF into the water. *Use fresh water! For example, if you use a fire hose to replenish your system allow it to run for 10 minutes first. Use the refractometer to check for the right thinner concentration. If necessary, consult your product consultant. To determine the concentration multiply the refraction value by 2.1. Measure the concentration several times on the first day.
- The concentration is primarily dependent on the type of treatment and the type of material. However, to safeguard the product's stability, a minimum concentration of 4% must be maintained.
- Grinding and light machining operations: 3-5%
- General turning operations: 4-6%
Eco-Point International products are packed in polyethylene H.D. or metal drums. When repeat orders are being delivered, used drums which are empty and not polluted are collected free of charge for recycling or reconditioning purposes. When incinerated, polyethylene has no harmful effect on the environment.